Survivor contests are one of the most popular contest formats on Splash Sports.
In this format, players pick one team per week, and if they win, they advance. The last player standing wins! Even though players are only picking one team per week, running a survivor contest by hand can be a pain. Splash Sports handles your survivor contest from start to finish, including collecting entry fees, updating leaderboards, and paying out the winner. Start your survivor contest with Splash Sports today!
How to play
Pick one team to win each week
Lose or draw and you're eliminated from the contest
You can only pick each team once
Outlast the competition and win
HOW DOES THE SURVIVOR CONTEST FORMAT WORK?
- The name of the game in any Survivor Contest (also known as Eliminator, Suicide, Knockout, Last Man Standing, or King of the Hill) is to survive and advance to the next week of your contest.
- Players in your Survivor Contest will choose one game from the given slate of games, typically one game per week. As a commissioner, you can decide if your contest players can enter the contest multiple times or only have one entry per player, meaning they can only select one team per week.
- If players choose the correct winner, they move on to the next week. Losses, ties, or missed picks will eliminate a player from the contest. Players can only select a team once for the duration of the contest, adding an extra layer of strategy.
- The last player standing wins the prize pot!
HOW SPLASH SAVES YOU TIME
- We handle all of the details for you. Say goodbye to the days of manually logging each player's pick in a spreadsheet and counting wins and losses by hand.
- Standings are calculated all on the platform. You'll know exactly where you stand every time you log onto Splash.
- Deposits, entry fees, and payouts are handled safely and securely on Splash. We've partnered with PaySafe, the industry leader in online payments, to keep your cash secure on Splash. No more chasing down your league mates to collect those entry fees!
- You can create your own custom Commissioner Hub so your players can easily find contests that you create to compete against your community.
Splash Sports is now available to anyone 18 or older in the following states: Alabama (19+ years old), Alaska, Arizona (21+), Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts (21+), Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska (19+), New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming. If you are outside of these jurisdictions, you will be able to log in, but won't be able to deposit or join contests.
Some contests may not be available in all jurisdictions. Click here for more information.
All of our RunYourPool and OfficeFootballPool commissioners big and small will get rewarded for each user they bring to Splash, and can continue to earn as they run contests and grow their brand. Commissioners who run over three qualifying contests will have the opportunity to join our Commissioner Rewards program where they can make being a commissioner into a nice side hustle or even a full-time living.
Splash is laser-focused on doing everything we can to make a commissioner's life easy and a member's life fun. And we've done that. We've made contests so simple and enjoyable that many of our commissioners go on to run 2x bigger contests for 10x less work. But we can't make and maintain that magic alone, and that means we can't do it for free. We take a service fee as a percentage of the collected contest entry fees and put it right back into the day-to-day stuff like payment processing fees; top-notch security; and building the best product on the market.
It’s simple and safe to deposit and withdraw on Splash. We support debit card and credit card deposits from Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. We also accept deposits via ACH and both PayPal and Venmo are coming soon.
After you create and verify your account, you will be able to deposit and withdraw via the My Account page.You may withdraw funds to a payment method you have used to deposit with (debit card or ACH), though we are unable to process withdrawals to credit cards.
Glad you asked! We whipped up a one-pager to make it easy for you to explain to your friends or group, which you can find here.
The bottom line is Splash makes your job as a commissioner at least 10x easier. This should let you run more contests and make the ones you currently run bigger. The improved gameplay, live scoring, and mobile app will make everyone’s experience much better. Not to mention that players can link their existing RunYourPool or OfficeFootballPool account to Splash to get signed up in less than a minute. And finally, Splash should give your players confidence that no matter how well they know the commissioner, they will get paid when they win, quickly and securely.
If you have an existing contest on RYP or OFP, just link your account during signup and you’ll be able to invite your existing member groups in just a few clicks. Between creating your contest and inviting your group, the whole process will take 90 seconds or less.
If you are moving your contest over from another website or from a spreadsheet, we make it easy for you to replicate your contest and give you an invite link to send out to your email list or text chain.
In order to make the platform a safe place for users to play against their friends using real money, we need either passport or license information in order to verify your information. This is a process called “Know Your Customer” or “KYC”. This is an important step for us to keep Splash safe and fun for all our users.